On Wednesday 29 January, our new year 7 students started their very exciting high school journey. Over 130 excited Year 7 students had an enjoyable and fun filled introduction to our school working alongside their Year 10 Peer Leaders in small groups. Our caring leaders led their groups through a series of activities to help our new students feel settled, confident and successful with their start to high school and form positive connections with our school, our teachers and eachother.
The day’s activities included:
- Positive Behaviour for Learning : activities on being a safe, respectful and successful learner.
- Student Photos: individual photos of each year 7 student were taken by members of the school media team.
- High School Learning and Organisation: included tips on what to pack each day, staying on top of homework, reading and using their timetable.
- Getting to know you survey: this online survey allowed each student to tell us a bit about themselves. Student responses have been collated and shared with the teachers of each class to help them get to know each of their individual students, their interests, what they like about school
- BBQ lunch: this was a great way for the students to get to know each other while enjoying a nice lunch.
- Team Building and Positive interrelationships: Year 7 and Peer Leaders participated in team games such as the three legged race, hula -hoop activity, tunnel ball and tug-a-war, where they learned more about eachother and about working together. These activities provided a great end to a fantastic day filled with fun, laughter and smiling faces.
Congratulations to all year 7 students who enthusiastically participated in each of the activities and to our wonderful Peer Leaders for the caring and responsible way they conducted themselves and led their groups. Special thanks to our Year 7 Advisers Ms Foreshew and Mr Vamvakaris who did a wonderful job guiding our Peer Leaders and supporting both the leaders and Year 7 students in this valuable wellbeing program.