- Wednesday sport is now scheduled for students 7-10 with Years 7 & 8 involved in school sport periods 3 and 4, and Years 9 & 10 during periods 5 & 6.
- Sport conducted at school or at Kareela Oval on the other side of the Princes Highway.
- Early leave from school can only be provided under extenuating circumstances.
The events of 2020 restrictions saw sports offerings swapped and changed as the school continued to comply with restrictions. During term three, much planning had been undertaken to re-timetable and redesign the curriculum of sport so that it is not interrupted by changing restrictions and provides a program leading to high value and engagement.
From the beginning of term 4:
- All students 7–10 will participate in sport each Wednesday.
- Years 7 and 8 will undertake sport during period 3 and 4.
- Years 9 and 10 will undertake sport during periods 5 and 6.
Integrating sports into the curriculum will help avoid further disruptive changes and provide a detailed continuum of a quality sports program.
Recreational sport opportunities are being investigated in addition to this structure and will be communicated once we have something to launch.
The school is continuing to reimburse sports fees from Term 3.
All students are to be at school during the school day and where possible, doctors and other appointments need to be made out of school hours. The school is required to maintain students at school and early leave from school on Wednesday or any other school days will be provided only under extenuating circumstances.