- We often seek to hear what our students have to say about school life, learning and wellbeing to help us respond with positive directions in those areas and we will continue to do that in the various ways that we have.
- The Tell Them From Me student survey is a NSW Department of Education initiative that provides a longer term insight for us and the Department to know how students are going at school.
- We will be undertaking the first round of these surveys at the end of this term and the beginning of Term 2.
What is the Tell Them From Me survey?
The Tell Them From Me student survey asks students about a range of school experiences, including their engagement and wellbeing at school and beyond. It also asks students about teaching practices and their learning environment.
This survey has been arranged by the Department of Education and is delivered across the state. It is an opportunity for our students to let us know how they, and we are going at school.
- The survey will ask your child how engaged they are with their learning, different ways that their teachers teach them in class, how supported they feel at school, and more.
- Your child’s responses are confidential, which means their teachers won’t know how they have answered.
- Please encourage your child to answer as honestly as they can. There are no right or wrong answers. The school just wants to hear what they think and their responses will help to improve their school. Some of the questions are there to help the school understand students and how to best meet their needs.
- If your child is unsure how to answer them, they can skip these questions.
- They can skip any question that they don’t feel comfortable answering.
- If your child would like to talk about any of the questions in this survey, please encourage them to talk to their teacher, their Year Adviser, the school counsellor or the school psychologist.
If you wish your child not to participate, could you please download and complete the form below and return it to school or alternatively, email the school with a clear indication not to participate in the Tell Them From Me survey.