Prospective applicants for years 7 to 12 should be aware that places in our school may be offered subject to:
- A suitable vacancy exists for enrolment.
- Applicants satisfying our Selection Criteria.
- Applicants must be Australian or New Zealand citizens or holders of a visa granting permanent residency status in Australia. Proof of citizenship/residency must be provided.
If you are applying for a placement during the school year, you need to complete the Enrolment Application 7-12 form.
Criteria For Enrolment Applications
Students selected for enrolment at Gymea Technology High School are expected to follow the school’s expectations regarding application to work and behaviour. Should there be any vacancies in any years 7-12, the following criteria will apply:
- Proximity and ease of access to the school
- Medical conditions.
- Safety and supervision of the student before and after school hours.
- Availability of subjects and combinations of subjects.
- Academic achievements/abilities.
- Leadership and public speaking.
- Success in music/band and/or performing arts and other extracurricular activities.
- Success in sport.
- Demonstration of student’s preparedness to meet the school’s discipline, attendance and uniform codes and expectations.
Final determination of enrolments will be determined by a panel consisting of the Principal and a staff representative who shall determine priorities and placements.
Any appeal against the decision of the enrolment panel must be made in writing to the Principal.
Process for applying for a placement at Gymea Technology High School
Complete an Application form and return it to the school along with a copy of your last two school reports, and other supporting information about your child’s achievements such as NAPLAN results.
An outcome of the written application will be communicated to the parent/carer of the applicant. In some cases, an interview will be required.
If required, attend an interview to discuss the application. This gives us the opportunity to get to know your child and meet your family. It also gives you the opportunity to learn about Gymea.
At the interview we will discuss your child’s learning strengths and difficulties, personal interests, medical issues and any other relevant information.
The school will notify you of the outcome of your application and interview.